- In his 15 years of teaching, Patrick Burke has seen too many students and faculty members lose their lives. He’s long wanted to find a way for the community to come together and remember them. After he was promoted to assistant principal at Riverhead High School in January, he decided to organize a ...
- Due to elevated saxitoxin levels in mussel samples from Meetinghouse Creek, there is a temporary emergency closure of both Terry and Meetinghouse creeks.
- It was a close call on Route 58 early this morning when an eastbound SUV swerved to avoid a serious collision, clipping the nose of a van and rolling over.
- A Mattituck man who smashed the window of a car parked behind Maximus Fitness on East Main Street and stole a wallet yesterday afternoon was later arrested on Railroad Avenue, Riverhead police said. Police said witnesses saw Shawn K. McAvoy, 31, smash the window of a the vehicle, take something from ...
- A 20-year-old Riverhead man driving a stolen ATV was arrested after leading police on a two-mile, low-speed chase through Riverhead last night, according to Riverhead Police.
Guardian Angels in Riverhead for police meeting, tour; set to begin local recruiting and patrols this monthAfter a meeting with Riverhead brass at PD headquarters yesterday and a tour of the town with a police lieutenant, Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa says his group will begin local recruiting and patrols in Riverhead before the end of this month.
Town board wrap-up May 5: honoring longtime employee, hearing on disbursement of false alarm fees, moreMore on false alarm fees and fire marshal positions, United Riverhead Terminal, new IDA board member,
- Prosecutors say Joseph Perez, 31, had a blood alcohol content nearly three times the legal limit four hours after the crash that killed a 56-year-old Middle Island woman as she delivered newspapers to Montauk Highway businesses in the pre-dawn hours.
- A party boat trip for winter flounder last weekend yields some surprises.
- The Capt. Bob, fishing out of Mattituck, is running a flounder derby this weekend. The largest fish caught will earn the fisherman a season pass on the Capt. Bob.
- In his 15 years of teaching, Patrick Burke has seen too many students and faculty members lose their lives. He’s long wanted to find a way for the community to come together ...
- Since the Waves will be in the playoffs for the first time since 2008, the team is focused on seeding. Riverhead (10-7) improved its chances by shutting out North Babylon ...
- Dani Napoli tore the cover off of the ball, going 4-4 with a triple and double. She knocked in three runs and scored three, helping lift the Waves to victory yesterday and clinching a berth in the playoffs.
Boys lacrosse: Riverhead wins for Coach Lawrence, as Fitzpatrick scores game-winner with seconds left on clockRiverhead beats back Walt Whitman to draw closer to earning a 2015 playoff berth.
- Aquebogue parent Andrew Fitzpatrick outlines the shortcomings and potential hazards of Riverhead’s existing athletic fields and argues the case for the construction of a turf field.
- For what purpose does any normal person need three pairs of vice grips, two sets of jumper cables, strips of metal, piles of rags, a first aid kit and fish bait, preserved in some creepy liquid?
- If you’re having special guests or heading to a party where you’re looking to ‘wow’ your host, this is the snack for you. Be prepared to shed a few tears, but this dip is worth it.
- This is the kind of legacy we can only hope to leave our children and grandchildren — one recorded on hearts, not balance sheets.
- Pre-kids, getting ready for a gala event was an event unto itself: shopping, primping to music, applying makeup. Post kids, you’re searching for the other shoe under the bed while a dog nibbles at your hair clip 20 minutes before you have to leave and you still haven’t fed the kids.
- Having service dogs in the family can teach us many valuable lessons about loyalty, love and life.
- Develop a comprehensive personalized meal plan that will address medical condition(s) and help meet health and wellness goals.
- This workout is a great way to get moving in the living room. Join Michele McGovern as she leads you through a workout that you can do with your couch!
Public Meetings Calendar