- Two boaters were rescued off the coast of Wading River in the wee hours of Monday morning after their vessel ran out of fuel, according to the Coast Guard Sector Long Island.
- A seven-count grand jury indictment accuses Shawn Foreman, 32, of having sexual intercourse with a child younger than 15, as well as sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Celebrating a leader’s spirit and determination: Annual 5K raises more than $20,000 for breast cancer servicesThe North Fork Breast Health Coalition’s 16th Annual 5K Walk at Tanger Outlets yesterday raised more than $20,000 to support local breast cancer patients. It was an emotional day for organizers, who are grieving the sudden passing of the group’s president last month. Photo slideshow.
- Republican incumbent Anthony Palumbo will meet challenger Tom Schiliro in the first debate of the campaign tonight at Polish Hall in Riverhead, beginning at 7 p.m.
- A family returning from a day of fall festivities on the North Fork had their Sunday trip tarnished when their Jeep was rear-ended on Sound Avenue.
- The 77-year-old driver of a Honda Accord thought he was returning his electric shopping cart to the store, said police at the scene. No one was injured and the store was not damaged in the incident.
Defendant in knife attack was released without bail in more than a dozen other pending criminal cases, including prior weapons chargesThe Riverhead man charged with slashing the face of a man on Railroad Avenue Thursday night had been freed without bail on a felony weapons possession charge in May and is currently facing more than a dozen other criminal charges, including prior weapons and menacing charges in Riverhead Justice Court ...
- The snappers were scarce but the sunshine and family fun were plentiful in downtown Riverhead today, where the Riverhead Recreation Department hosted the 17th Annual Snapper Tournament on the Peconic Riverfront.
- After parents complained to the school board earlier this month, district officials analyzed bus ridership and changed routes on four buses.
- Quarterback Kenny Simco’s 2-yard run and three touchdown passes propelled the Waves to their third win in week three of the 2014 season. Photo slideshow.
Public Meetings Calendar