- Details on proposed 2015 budgets for Riverhead, Flanders, Jamesport and Wading River fire districts, set for public hearings tonight as mandated by state law. All hearings will be held at the districts’ respective headquarters.
- Edgar Allan Poe, Ichabod Crane and the infamous Headless Horseman made an appearance in downtown Riverhead Saturday. The upcoming Poe fest, a three-day event featuring food, fantasy and — of course — horror, with Main Street trick-or-treating, a costume parade Halloween evening, fireworks Saturday night is gearing up to be ...
- Riverhead Police are investigating a stabbing on Lewis Street in Riverhead late last night that injured a 43-year-old Riverhead man.
- Travel alert: Lane shift & closures as the first phase of the Rt. 24 repaving project gets underway between Old Riverhead Rd & Birch Ave in Flanders.
- Riverhead Police are searching for an armed robber who assaulted and robbed a gas station attendant in Aquebogue late last night.
- Joe Gergela will receive the 2014 Paul Stoutenburgh Leadership Award at Chili Night, which will feature top local restaurants vying for the win.
- With the assistance of members of the high school Spanish club, the PTO cooked and served a pancake breakfast for supporters Sunday morning at Applebee’s.
- Nineteen Suffolk homeowners will receive free advanced wastewater treatment systems valued at $15,000 plus free maintenance for five years, in a lottery that’s part of the county’s state-of-the-art septic demonstration program.
- The Riverhead school board filled two newly created administrative positions at its Oct. 14 meeting: high school assistant principal Michael Hugelmeyer was named director of professional development and James ...
- The Riverhead Blue Waves field hockey team fell to the Newfield Wolverines today, 1-0. Story and photo slideshow.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves fell to 4-2 with a 21-14 loss to East Islip in the Waves’ homecoming game.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves improved to 4-1 with a 20-15 victory over Newfield (1-4) Saturday in Selden.
- Assembly candidate Tom Schiliro responds to incumbent’s letter about ‘playing politics with women’s rights’.
- After more than a dozen years as someone’s mom, it’s time to make time for myself. The trick is being able to stay up late enough.
- God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.” (James 1:19) If we spent more time listening to one another than speaking in anger, the world would probably be a better place.
- If you’re afflicted with pumpkinitis, you’re going to love this positively haunting recipe for pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies. This weekend In the Kitchen with Kayleigh.
- Buying a new computer is only the beginning. Proper file organization is essential or you’ll quickly lose control of things you’ll need to easily find.
- “I believe the public needs to decide how they feel about the so-called ‘Women’s Equality Act’ after they have read the language for themselves,” Assemblyman Anthony Palumbo writes.
Public Meetings Calendar