- Riverhead saw about 6 inches of snow across town from yesterday’s snow, Highway Superintendent George Woodson said. Most schools have delayed their opening by two hours this morning. List of local closings, cancellations and delays here.
Riverhead schools will have two-hour delayed opening Monday, as snow continues to fall across East EndRiverhead public schools will have a two-hour delayed start tomorrow. A winter storm warning remains in effect and the town has declared a winter snow event.
- Freddie Javier Gregorio, 28, is charged with DWI and unlicensed operation after he crashed through two fences and overturned his vehicle just before midnight last night.
- The 30-year-old Kings Park man who police say took a loaded semi-automatic pistol and a spare high-capacity magazine into Walmart yesterday where he was caught shoplifting, had a Pinterist web page devoted to weapons and combat/survival gear.
Paraglider pilot crashes over EPCAL and breaks both femurs, airlifted to Stony Brook University HospitalA Shirley man flying a single occupancy paraglider crashed to the ground near EPCAL’s inactive runway Sunday morning.
- A Kings Park man carrying a loaded .40 caliber handgun on his waist, a second loaded magazine and a switchblade knife was caught shoplifting ammunition by store security at the Riverhead Walmart yesterday, according to Riverhead Police, who said they also found an assault rifle and numerous high-capacity magazines in ...
- Riverhead Police arrested John Kwasna, 47, on a civilian complaint lodged against him by his tenant, Adam Hendrickson, 22, who accused Kwasna of menacing him with a baton.
- The competition was fierce in the Fifth Annual Crazy Sports Night at Riverhead High School last night, but high school teachers and staff edged out the middle school and Aquebogue teams to take home the coveted trophy for the second time in the wildly popular event’s brief history. Photos ...
School board wrap-up: Influx of English Language Learners, nine-period school day forum and budget presentationNew state regulations for English language learners follow a recent influx of ELL students at Riverhead. A March 9 forum for discussion of a nine-period school day at the high ...
- Riverhead Middle School wrestler Katie Moore was second in the county and fourth in the state last year in her youth wrestling league. She pinned her opponent in ...
- No. 6 Kings Park defeats Riverhead, 69-51, in first round of Suffolk AA championships. But coach and 5 returning starters have high hopes for next year.
- RIverhead (No. 11 in AA bracket) travels to No. 6 Kings Park Tuesday for round one of the girls basketball playoffs, while McGann-Mercy (No. 6 in the B bracket) heads to No. 3 Port Jeff Friday.
- Widow of Ronald Janis of Riverhead, who passed away Feb. 27, says thank you to local police, ambulance and hospital workers
- Imagine my surprise. After howling about the amount of time our son spends playing video games, my husband is suddenly discussing war strategies with his offspring.
- What does it mean to be driven? Eileen Benthal looks at the concept from a biblical perspective.
- This quick Dutch Baby Pancake with Blackberry Compote will satisfy your sweet cravings in a hurry. In the Kitchen this week with Kayleigh.
- It defies understanding that Congress could threaten funding for a vital agency like the Department of Homeland Security due to ridiculous political squabbling.
- Why don’t you just go sit down and rest, he says. Like the little mom fairies are going to swoop in and do all the stuff that needs to get done around the house.
Cancer Services Program of Suffolk County wins $15,000 grant to aid metastatic breast cancer patientsThe Cancer Services Program of Suffolk County has been awarded a $15,000 grant from Pfizer Inc. and the Avon Foundation for Women, PBMC Health announced today.
- Michele McGovern walks you through an intense isolated leg workout in the Weekly Workout.
Public Meetings Calendar