- Music legend Nile Rodgers is a man on fire, a whirling dervish who wakes up on overdrive, bursting with ideas and details as he puts the finishing touches on the Freak Out Let’s Dance, or FOLD, music festival he promises will wow crowds of all ages at Martha Clara Vineyards next Tuesday and Wednesday. But the ...
- “You’re there with your baby, and you know the parents to the right of you are going home tomorrow, but the parents to the left of you, their baby’s not going to make it through the night. And you kind of sit there in the middle and wonder – which ...
- Beginning today, children can get free, nutritious lunches every weekday in the Summer Food Service Program at Riverhead Free Library. The free lunch program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, continues through Aug. 28. Lunch will be served Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The agency provides free, nutritious ...
- It’s a very long walk from New York to New Orleans — 900 nautical miles, in fact — but 27 PBMC Health employees were up to the task.
- The first PBMC Health Jamesport Triathlon saw 228 people, from age 15 to 78, finish the grueling swim-bike-run competition. Photos— and results of locals who finished.
- Five years ago, Spencer was recovering from a car accident that his doctors thought he might not survive. Now 20 years old, he has graduated from Riverhead High School and works two jobs, despite a brain injury that has presented many challenges along the way.
Former Blue Waves football star has message for Riverhead youth: Stay in school — there’s life beyond the gridironJamar Reid, whose hopes for making it in football were dashed by injuries and poor grades, has a message for Riverhead youth about academics, perseverance and success.
- The boy began crying out for help an hour after Iron Pier lifeguards are typically off-duty, but because of an evening swimming lesson, two lifeguards on the beach were able to save his life.
- After 22 years of service, Detective Dave Freeborn made his last call yesterday as an officer of the Riverhead Police Department.
Photos: First ever River Craft Beverage Festival showcases 30+ local breweries, wineries, ciders and moreToday’s first ever River Craft Beverage Festival in downtown Riverhead showcased local beers, wineries, ciders and other specialty foods and beverages near the riverfront.
- A DJ spins golden oldies, classic autos line up along the riverfront. It was a picturesque and pleasant evening for the BID’s classic car cruise night on Thursday. Photos.