- When JumpstART returns to downtown Riverhead this summer, the innovative public art project will bring new murals, a community-created mosaic walkway at the community garden, an interactive “picnic” for children on an “unchartered planet,” video profiles of local characters, poetry, music and a variety of of visual art installations. JumpstART will take place on Friday, Aug. ...
With the help of father-figure coach, former Blue Wave Zikel Reddick turns things around in CaliforniaWith the help of a beloved coach, Riverhead Blue Wave running back gets a fresh start at California prep school, where he posts good grades in the classroom and great stats on the gridiron, making All-State and getting looks from D1 universities.
- Get ready to celebrate America’s birthday with some spectacular fireworks shows right here on the North Fork.
- Fourth of July on the North Fork means carnival rides, parades, fireworks and plenty of events for the whole family.
North Fork women share stories of struggle and triumph as they celebrate Supreme Court’s landmark rulingThe North Fork Women for Women Fund’s party celebrating pride month Saturday took on special meaning after Friday’s Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage is a constitutionally protected right.
- Dark Horse Restaurant owner Dee Muma will begin selling light lunches and beverages out of the old pump house in Grangebel Park next month.
- What do you do when you use up your maternity leave before your premature newborn is even out of the hospital?
- Jimmy Bissett was a man with a vision: He wanted to build the first large-scale aquarium on Long Island.
Riverhead ambulance corps receives $2,000 grant from national auto dealers group, thanks to Apple Honda executiveThe gift from the National Automobile Dealers Charitable Foundation was made possible by Apple Honda vice president and general manager William Fields.
- Today is Flag Day, a day set aside to honor the U.S. flag. Here’s a brief history of the Star Spangled banner and the holiday commemorating it.
- ‘What the American Flag Means to Me’ was the subject of a Flag Day essay contest sponsored by the Riverhead Elks Lodge. Essay winners read their essays aloud at ceremonies today, which also featured a talk by Iraq war hero Sam Cila.