- The Riverhead cheerleading program is raising money through a GoFundMe page for a variety of expenses in the coming school year, including the possibility of a trip to Florida for the national championships.
- East End Arts is proud to announce the incoming Artists-in-Residence for the period of July 26 through July 31, 2015: Christina Schlesinger and Dawn Daisley.
- Brings some blankets and chairs for a free outdoor showing of Disney’s Big Hero 6 at Stotzky Park Saturday.
- On Tuesday, Aug. 4, the Riverhead Town Police will participate in the 32nd annual National Night Out.
- Bishop McGann-Mercy has teamed up with PAL to bring back its 12-13 year-old football team.
- The East End Arts Gallery is thrilled to announce the winner of The Figure, their fourth annual national juried art show-gone-international.
- Riverhead Elks Lodge presented the Salvation Army Food Panty with a check for $300 last Thursday.
- North Fork Community Theatre will be holding auditions for Little Shop of Horros on Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday, August 5 at 7 p.m.
- The 32nd Annual National Night Out, an evening observed across the country as “America’s night out against crime” will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 4.
- Music Masters Fellowship Program Full Scholarship, Nine-Week SOUL & R&B Vocal Ensemble Workshop, Fall 2015 With Professional Vocalist Anastasia René.
- Looking for a fun way to get the kids out and about this summer? These free programs will entertain kids and teens throughout the summer vacation, and even help them pick up some new skills along the way.
- Duke Dog Park at Stotzky Park and Veterans Memorial Park in Calverton will be closed June 30 and July 1 for tick repellent
- Enjoy live music in the heart of Riverhead every Friday night with Riverhead Townscape’s free Summer Concert Series July 10 – August 14 in Grangebel Park. The series kicks off on Friday, July 10 with the rock and blues stylings of Who Are Those Guys. Shows start at 7 p.m. every Friday until August 14. This summer’s full ...
- Brookhaven National Laboratory has been opening its doors to the public for more than 50 years. This year, our “Summer Sundays” open houses will feature several of our world-class research facilities – the Center for Functional Nanomaterials, our new National Synchrotron Light Source, and the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider – as well as the Science ...
- Riverhead PAL 2015 soccer registration is open now for boys and girls ages four through 12. Participants can register online or in person at the PAL office located at 210 Howell Avenue.Registration closes July 15. The 2015 season will run from September 14 through November 7, and the cost for Riverhead residents is $70 per player ...
Learn more about WaterFire in Riverhead and meet the festival’s creator at this weekend’s outreach eventWaterFire, the highly successful international community arts event, has set its sights on Riverhead for its next location – and you can meet its creator this weekend at Stony Brook’s Southampton campus.
- The East End Arts Gallery is pleased to announce the new juried, all media art show, Novel Materials / New Techniques, at the East End Arts Gallery which will open with a reception on Friday, June 19, from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Living Water Church will hold a free summer day camp “SonTreasure Island” from Monday, June 29 through Friday, July 3rd.