- Complete schedule (updated 10/29) for downtown Riverhead’s Edgar Allan Poe Festival, 10/31 through 11/ 2. Music, entertainment, parade, fireworks, more.
- Peconic Pediatrics is hosting a food drive for the Island Harvest food bank at its 34 Commerce Drive, Riverhead offices now through Nov. 14.
- Supported by the Campus Ministry Program of Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School, “Mercy Night” is open to all high school-aged youth (grades 9-12) who wish to come together in prayer, fellowship, the desire to make a difference and have some fun while doing so.
- Starting Friday, October 31. Presented by East End Arts.
- Flash mob to perform to Michael Jackson’s Halloween classic ‘Thriller’.
- Riverhead residents will be able to get their dogs and cats spayed and neutered free of charge on Oct. 29 and 30.
- Chinese Auction and dinner fundraiser set for Oct. 24 7-11 p.m. at Polish Hall for the Fountaine family who lost their home and belongings in June 26 fire.
- Rundown of events and performances in the three-day Edgar Allan Poe festival Oct. 31 through Nov. 2 in Riverhead.
- Part of Downtown Riverhead’s Edgar Allan Poe Festival Saturday, November 1
- Want to learn to cook healthier cost-effective meals for your family? Our Cooking Smarter/Eating Better series starts November 3.
- RCFA Scholarship Fundraiser to be held Wednesday, November 19.
- The Town of Riverhead Recreation Department is set to host a free performance of Ghostbusters on Friday, October 17th.
- Features inmates of Suffolk County Corrections Department at Work and Shelter Pets.
- Sponsorship deadline November 1st
Domestic violence explored in documentary film screening and discussion at Suffolk Community College Oct. 20Private Violence is a feature-length documentary film and audience engagement campaign that explores domestic violence.
- The drive’s tag line is “They have helped us stay free–it is now our turn to help them.”
- The 2014 Wines & Canines Run/Walk for Homeless Pets at the Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard on Saturday, September 21st drew a huge crowd of people and pets and raised $23,000 for the Kent Animal Shelter.
- East End Arts will host its annual ‘Arts Mean Business’ event at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center on Thursday, October 9, from 3 to 6 p.m.