- Duke Dog Park at Stotzky Park and Veterans Memorial Park in Calverton will be closed June 30 and July 1 for tick repellent
- Enjoy live music in the heart of Riverhead every Friday night with Riverhead Townscape’s free Summer Concert Series July 10 – August 14 in Grangebel Park. The series kicks off on Friday, July 10 with the rock and blues stylings of Who Are Those Guys. Shows start at 7 p.m. every Friday until August 14. This summer’s full ...
- Brookhaven National Laboratory has been opening its doors to the public for more than 50 years. This year, our “Summer Sundays” open houses will feature several of our world-class research facilities – the Center for Functional Nanomaterials, our new National Synchrotron Light Source, and the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider – as well as the Science ...
- Riverhead PAL 2015 soccer registration is open now for boys and girls ages four through 12. Participants can register online or in person at the PAL office located at 210 Howell Avenue.Registration closes July 15. The 2015 season will run from September 14 through November 7, and the cost for Riverhead residents is $70 per player ...
Learn more about WaterFire in Riverhead and meet the festival’s creator at this weekend’s outreach eventWaterFire, the highly successful international community arts event, has set its sights on Riverhead for its next location – and you can meet its creator this weekend at Stony Brook’s Southampton campus.
- The East End Arts Gallery is pleased to announce the new juried, all media art show, Novel Materials / New Techniques, at the East End Arts Gallery which will open with a reception on Friday, June 19, from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Living Water Church will hold a free summer day camp “SonTreasure Island” from Monday, June 29 through Friday, July 3rd.
- East End Arts next Artisan Trunk Show series takes place on June 20 from 1 to 3 p.m. featuring handmade glass jewelry artist Marjorie Oxman of Remsenburg.
- Destination Animal Sanctuary, a new adventure business, kicks off this summer with their first tour starting with For the Love of Horses!
- This summer, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County’s (CCE) Marine Program is partnering with the Greenport Village Trustees to offer a series lectures on our area’s vital marine resources.
- East End Arts is proud to announce a special opportunity for student string players to participate in the East End Arts Student Orchestra’s fourth annual collaborative project with the prestigious Perlman Music Program.
- Artist’s reception for Lorraine Rimmelin at Riverhead Town Hall Gallery on Tuesday, June 16, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Riverhead teachers will host the second “Scoop for Scholarships” fundraiser at Ralph’s Famous Italian Ices to benefit elementary scholarships on Sunday, June 14 from 12 to 3 p.m.
- This Saturday, June 6th, the Riverhead Faculty and Community Theatre (RFCT) rolls out the red carpet at the Vali-Leavitt Music Hall for their spring show Hooray for Hollywood: 80 Years of Oscar Winners.
- The Wading River Civic Association celebrated its 80th anniversary at its May meeting.
- Join AARP Foundation volunteers at Stop & Shop in Riverhead for a free guided grocery store tour on the following dates to choose from June 2, 9, 16 and 23.
- Kent Animal Shelter will provide $20 spay and neuter surgeries for puppies and kittens under six months of age during the month of June 2015.
- Bishop McGann-Mercy’s Annual Golf Classic will be held on Wednesday, June 24 at the Baiting Hollow Club.