- Here’s a map of twenty LOCAL yard sales happening this weekend.
U.S. Marine Corps PFC Kevin H. Thomas, of Jamesport, graduates first in his company at Parris IslandU.S. Marine Corps PFC Kevin H. Thomas, of Jamesport, graduated at the top of his company from boot camp at Parris Island, where he was named honor graduate of his platoon. He is joining USMC Force Recon, an elite special operations unit.
- During the month of May the Peconic Bay Medical Center will be having a Memorial Day event at the Main Campus in Riverhead and their new campus in Manorville, to honor our men and women of the armed forces. PBMC will be selling USA Flags for $5.00 to anyone wishing to honor a veteran, from ...
Lynn Kay Winters of Eastern Long Island Hematology Oncology Speaks at ACCC Financial Advocacy Network regional meetingEastern Long Island Hematology Oncology, P.C. is proud to announce that Lynn Kay Winters, the Practice Administrator, recently represented ELIHO at the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) Financial Advocacy Network’s 2015 regional meetings in Tampa, FL on May 2.
- The top two-wheeling cowboys and girls in each grade group will win a bicycle.
- Kent To Spay/Neuter 1,500 Cats to Help Manage Feral Cat Population, Prevent Pet Homelessness, Property Damage, Unwanted Litters
- Awards Ceremony to be held on Sunday, June 7, 2015
- The Suffolk Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution presented the Riverhead Town Police Department with a check for the purchase of a bulletproof vest yesterday.
- Jamesport Meeting House will hold its second annual Community Spelling Bee on Friday evening, May 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- East End Arts is pleased to announce the artisan and crafts vendors to be featured at the 19th Annual Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival, which will be held on Sunday, May 24, from 12 p.m.to 5 p.m. in downtown Riverhead.
- Half-off adoption fees for Veterans during May at Kent Animal Shelter
- Bob and Dianne Castaldi awarded the New York State Historic Preservation Award.
- Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School will be hosting a Blood Drive, in conjunction with Long Island Blood Services on Monday, May 18th, between 8 am to 2 pm.
- Riverhead Ambulance is hosting their annual Open House on Sunday, May 17, 2015 from 12 to 4 p.m. at their headquarters.
- The Wading River-Shoreham Chamber of Commerce proudly announces the 21st annual Duck Pond Day will take place on June 7.
General information session for families on the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities’ Front Door initiative.General information session for families on the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities’ Front Door initiative June 18 at Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Peconic Community School announces the fourth annual GROW: Spring Fundraiser & Community Picnic on May 23 from 12pm to 3pm at Hallockville Museum Farm’s historic Naugles Barn, Sound Avenue Jamesport.
- Legendary comedian, actor, writer & director Bobcat Goldthwait is set to perform at the Historic Suffolk Theater in Riverhead, on Friday, May 22.