- Update: 1:54 p.m.: Due to the inclement weather expected for tomorrow, The Riverhead Recreation Department Annual Egg Hunt will be postponed to Friday, April 17, at 6 p.m. at Stotzky Park, Fields #1 and #2. Schedule is as follows: 6 p.m.: Children 0-three (with parent) 6:15 p.m.: Ages four and five (with parent) 6:30 p.m.: Ages six and seven (no ...
- Undefeated Falcons (16-0) took home the 8th grade boys CYO championship trophy with a 42-37 win over Corpus Christi Sunday at Molloy College in Rockville Centre
- The Riverhead Blue Waves boys basketball booster club held its 2nd Annual Pancake Breakfast fundraiser at Applebee’s this morning. Photos.
- A fundraiser at the Route 58 McDonald’s Wednesday raised more than $2,500 for the family of Danielle Lawrence, of Wading River, who was killed last month in a double-murder suicide.
- Everyone was Irish at downtown Riverhead’s Irish pub last night, where St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated with Irish music, dancing and food. Photos & video.
- This St. Patty’s Day brought a first-ever event to the venerable Irish pub: a wedding.
- Organizers of the March of the Leprechauns pub crawl presented two $6,000 checks to local charities this morning, which were raised by the proceeds of the enormously popular St. Patrick’s Day event on March 7.
- Photos: Rock ’n Blues for the Vets last Saturday at Riverhead Elks Lodge raised $2,500 for Suffolk County United Veterans home in Riverhead.
- Maureen’s Haven Homeless Outreach and East End Emerald Society will get more than $6,000 apiece from the fundraiser, which packed pubs and restaurants on Main Street last Saturday.
- The 20-month old boy, diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia in December, is undergoing chemotherapy and will have a bone marrow transplant; his 3-year-old sister will be the bone marrow donor. Friends and family are raising funds to help defray treatment costs.
- St. Patrick’s Day came early in Riverhead this year as the March of the Leprechauns pub crawl brought revelers from near and far to Main Street. Photo slideshow.
- It was cloudy with a chance of meatballs at Polish Hall yesterday, where hundreds of locals braved flooded roads and dreary skies for Rotary’s annual spaghetti lunch and dinner. Chicken parmigiana was on the menu this year, in addition to the traditional spaghetti and meatballs entree. More than 750 meals were served over the course of the ...
Riverhead’s ‘bubble boy': Fourth-grader at Aquebogue goes to school for first time in his life using an iPadEight-year-old Gabriel can’t eat any foods, or even be in a room that might have food products. But this year, for the first time in his life, he has been able to go to school – using FaceTime.
Riverhead Rotarians serving up Italian fare today in fundraiser to support local charities & scholarshipsThe Riverhead Rotary Club is hosting its annual fundraising spaghetti lunch and dinner today at Polish Hall. Spaghetti & meatballs, chicken parm, salad, garlic bread, dessert & coffee. Eat in or take out. Lunch: 12 noon-2 p.m. Dinner 4-8 p.m. Support the Rotary Scholarship fund and enjoy a great meal with family and friends.
- The McDonald’s on Route 58 will host a fundraiser March 18 for the Lawrence family, to honor the memory of Danielle Lawrence, friend and classmate of many workers there.