- The young lab-mix lost after he bolted when spooked by fireworks at the downtown bonfire Saturday night was found this morning on Doctors Path near National Grid in Riverhead.
- Dec. 16 at sundown is the beginning of the eight-day festival of lights, Hannukah. North Fork Reform Synagogue will light menorah on Cutchogue green at 4 p.m. Temple Israel of Riverhead hosts community menorah lighting services on the riverfront Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Update: Ace has been found and is home with his family. See story here. Lost at the at downtown Riverhead bonfire on Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014: “Ace” – 1 year-old, black lab mix male. Ace got spooked by the fireworks and ran off. Ace weighs about 40 lbs. He is very friendly. Our 8-year-old son is heartbroken. If you ...
- Hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the blazing bonfire, hot chocolate and cookies on the Peconic Riverfront for Riverhead’s 15th Annual Holiday Bonfire. This year, the event was capped off with a spectacular fireworks display.
- A vintage Santa arrived at the Railroad Museum of Long Island in Riverhead yesterday in a vintage Fairmont Speeder. Old St. Nick returns again today at noon. Holiday open house 11:30 to 3 p.m. Free admission.
- The Riverhead Boys Basketball Booster Club held the First Annual Alumni Basketball game yesterday at Riverhead High School. Blue Waves alumni of all ages took the court to strut their stuff. Shot contests helped raise money for three worthy causes: the booster club, the DQH Scholarship Fund and The Brendan House being built by New Beginnings ...
- Kids of all ages enjoyed the Lions Club Annual Christmas Parade in downtown Riverhead Sunday afternoon. Photo slideshow.
- Photos of kids visiting with Santa Claus on Sunday, Dec. 7 after the Riverhead Lions Club Christmas Parade.
- Almost every kind of animal imaginable came to pose for photos with Pet Santa today at Talmage Farm Agway in Riverhead. Photo slideshow of all the fun.
- Wood carvers displayed their work and demonstrated their craft Dec. 6 at the Suffolk County Historical Society fourth annual ‘Wooden Wonderland.’
Feeling good from giving back:
Rehab program participants work to clean up Riverhead business districtEast End Regional Intervention Court program participants earn community service credits by cleaning up the Riverhead BID’s sidewalks and gutters.
New sci-fi novel by local author takes readers on a journey from familiar
places in Riverhead to worlds beyondLocal author Izzy Doroski’s new sci-fi novel, set in Riverhead, takes a physicist on a journey into parallel universes.
- Santa Claus will be in residence at the Riverhead Farmers’ Market every Saturday and Sunday this month, through Dec. 21.
- Now a 45-year-old HR executive with an international company, Willy Saelan of Jakarta, reflects on his year as an exchange student in Riverhead, 1987-1988.
- The Harlem Wizards put the FUN back in fundraiser with a madcap game against Riverhead faculty on the high school basketball court Wednesday night. Photos.