- Inspired by a week of southern hospitality, Kayleigh cooks up this tasty Cajun shrimp and potato salad. Try this quick and easy recipe as a main dish or side.
- Fry up these potatoes to accompany those eggs (any style) and you’ve got yourself a rock-star . In the Kitchen with Kayleigh this week.
- Want the scent of autumn to fill your home? Try this recipe for delicious ‘pumpkin’ bread. In the Kitchen this week with Kayleigh.
- I know. Beets are old school. But free yourself from bad childhood memories and give beets a chance. Here’s an easy recipe for a delicious beets and goat cheese tart that’ll give you a whole new outlook on the root vegetable your mom forced you to eat.
- April Yakaboski of Aerial Fitness explains the many benefits of yoga.
- Spin, an indoor cycling workout, is quickly climbing the charts of popular fitness trends and has become the latest craze in group-exercise at pretty much any gym, including several on the North Fork.
- Up for an adventure? Hit the water with your family this summer!
- Nine local trails for you and your family to hike this summer.
- Praying Psalm 121 before sleep is a reminder that God is in control — and He’s got your back.
- God the father has the heart of the best parent. If we feel pain when our children are in pain, how much more does God, the perfect parent, feel our pain and our sorrow?
- What was God thinking when He left the cross but let the towers fall?
- We get wrapped up in so many pursuits. But without love our words are just noise, our actions empty gestures.
Home & Garden
- The average American spends about an hour a day in the bathroom, so when it’s time to remodel, you want to make sure that everything gets done right.
- Remodeling a kitchen can be a big, costly job. RiverheadLOCAL sat down with local interior designer Dee Ann Federico to discuss the nine most important things to think about when designing a kitchen.
- RiverheadLOCAL sat down with Robin Simmen, a horticulture specialist at Cornell Cooperative Extension, to find out exactly which fruits will thrive in North Fork backyards.
- Starting a veggie garden for the first time but have no idea where to begin? Riverhead LOCAL sat down with Robin Simmen, a community horticulture specialist with Cornell Cooperative Extension, who provided some simple tips for starting a veggie garden.
Health & Hospital
- The respiratory infection may become severe and cause serious complications in children who have respiratory illness such as asthma or are immune-compromised.
- Whether you are a parent, grandparent or babysitter, taking a CPR class should be at the top of your priority list, says East Moriches EMT Critical Care Provider Kerrie Franceschini.
- Marci’s Medicare Answers is a service of the Medicare Rights Center, the nation’s largest independent source of information and assistance for people with Medicare.
- Considered one of the largest participatory joint replacement events to take place in the US.
- Peconic Bay Medical Center presents the latest in the “Ask the Expert” Medical Speaker Series: Innovative Treatment for Hip and Knee Pain.
- The mission of the school promises to provide the healthcare system with a caring and competent registered staff Radiologic Technologists with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.