- An independent film director is eyeing up Riverhead’s runway as the location for his next horror short. Terry Wickham, a filmmaker from Copiague, is one of five directors contributing a horror short to comprise a feature-length film called Devil’s Five. Wickham went before town board members today to request the license fees for the unused runway at ...
- Baby osprey that have mesmerized countless fans who watched their birth by webcam continued to capture hearts last night, when rescuers came to the aid of one little chick who’d gotten into some trouble. According to Elizabeth Flagler, media rep for PSEG Long Island, a “rescue effort” took place in East ...
Flanders, Riverside, Northampton seek zip code split— 11902, 11903 and 11904 would be served by Riverhead facilityHaving their own zip codes would foster community identity, and eliminate confusion from 80 duplicate addresses within the 11901zip code, which is spread over two municipalities.
- Riverhead Town is cooperating fully with the Suffolk County district attorney’s office in its investigation into sand mining activities, according to Riverhead Supervisor Sean Walter.
- “There is no way we would support that,” Mark Woolley, Congressman Lee Zeldin’s district director, told a meeting of civic association leaders last night, even though Zeldin voted for the bill in a vote last month.
- With the high heat and lack of rainfall, the water district, which is pumping just under 20 million gallons per day, is “running everything full tilt,” the supervisor said.
- Multi-trailer trucks up to 84 feet long would be allowed on roads in the federal national highway system network, which includes parts of Sound Avenue, Route 58 and Route 25.
- “It was a shame. It had so much character and added something to the community,” said Doug Corwin, whose family owns the property. His son plans to build a residence for his family there.
- A 21-year-old developmentally disabled woman who disarmed a door alarm and left her Riverhead group home was found safe just minutes after disappearing thanks to technology from Project Lifesaver.
Real estate recovery boosts CPF tax revenues in first 6 months of 2015 — but not in Riverhead, where revenues fallPeconic Bay region community preservation fund revenues are up 5.5 percent in the first six months of 2015 compared to the same period last year, South Fork Assemblyman Fred Thiele announced yesterday. The boost reflects an increase in the overall number of real estate transactions in the five East End towns ...
- About 150 customers in Riverhead were among the more than 5,000 PSEG customers without power Monday evening.