- Hundreds of Riverhead children in need will have presents under the tree this Christmas, thanks to the combined efforts of John Wesley Village, the Salvation Army and numerous local donors.
- Suffolk County’s new area code will be 934, the New York State Public Service Commission today announced today. Local telephone companies have been directed to activate the new 934 area code before the end of the third quarter of 2016. The commission chose to implement the new area code as an “overlay” ...
- The newly renovated commercial building features a range of fully furnished office spaces, shared amenities and flexible lease terms for small businesses.
Calverton resident seeks to stop sale of former firehouse, files $10 million notice of claim against Riverhead TownGreg Fischer files notice of claim, seeks to enjoin sale of Second Street firehouse and $10 million in punitive damages.
Town and village police departments to see $6 million more in sales tax revenue sharing under deal announced yesterdaySuffolk County officials yesterday announced a three-year agreement that will increase sales tax revenues for town and village police agencies by $6 million. Riverhead will see an extra $178,900 in 2015 — money which has already been spent in the town’s adopted budget.
LIPA chooses four Calverton solar proposals, including one at EPCAL, among all-solar array of 11 projectsRiverhead Town will see rental revenues of more than a half-million dollars annually in a land lease or several million dollars in a sale in connection with a solar power plant proposal for the Calverton Enterprise Park selected by LIPA today.
With $200,000 in new county funding, dream of a paved bike path looping around EPCAL comes closer to realityThe Suffolk County Legislature Monday unanimously approved $200,000 in funding toward the completion of a planned 8.9 mile paved bike path in Calverton.
- Plans to bring WaterFire to the Peconic River got the unanimous support of the Southampton Town Board last week with a resolution in support of working collaboratively on the project with the Town of Riverhead.
Gulf War veteran, moved by Riverhead teen’s valiant fight, presents Michael Hubbard with his combat action medalMoved by Riverhead teen’s valiant fight, Navy veteran presents Michael Hubbard with the combat action medal he earned serving during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.
- A 64-year-old Florida resident fell off a downtown Riverhead dock into the Peconic River as she snapped pictures of Santa arriving for the holiday bonfire. Three men who were standing on the dock nearby were able to quickly pull her from the chilly water.
- Enjoy free hot cocoa, cookies, caroling with a DJ, and pictures with Santa at Riverhead’s annual holiday bonfire today, 4-8 pm — with a special fireworks display at 7.