- Second Assembly District candidates Anthony Palumbo and Thomas Schiliro debated the Women’s Equality Act, Common Core Curriculum, ethics reform and other topics in a spirited hour-long debate in Riverhead last night hosted by this website.
- Two boaters were rescued off the coast of Wading River in the wee hours of Monday morning after their vessel ran out of fuel, according to the Coast Guard Sector Long Island.
- Republican incumbent Anthony Palumbo will meet challenger Tom Schiliro in the first debate of the campaign tonight at Polish Hall in Riverhead, beginning at 7 p.m.
- The overnight lane closures beginning tonight through Friday are needed for bridge repair between exits 71 and 70.
- Sister Margaret Smyth, who runs the North Fork Spanish Apostolate in Riverhead, will be moving the group’s offices to St. John the Evangelist’s parish center and will also manage the parish social ministry beginning October 1, under the auspices of the diocese.
- Residents want to know how many deaths will occur before the government takes action to make the road safer.
- Recipients urged to get cash and do shopping early to avoid needing their EBT cards during the 12-hour planned system outage.
- The new drop box, located in the lobby of police headquarters, is available for residents to dispose of unused medications round-the-clock every day.
- Restaurateur Tom Drake will be celebrating his 25th anniversary at Larry’s Lighthouse Marina this November after all.
- A tow truck operator keeping the L.I. Science Center’s private parking lot clear of illegally parked cars sparks complaints by other downtown business owners.
- The Riverhead Central Faculty Association is seeking sponsors for the razzle-dazzle basketball event.
Town Hall Notebook