- Details on proposed 2015 budgets for Riverhead, Flanders, Jamesport and Wading River fire districts, set for public hearings tonight as mandated by state law. All hearings will be held at the districts’ respective headquarters.
- Travel alert: Lane shift & closures as the first phase of the Rt. 24 repaving project gets underway between Old Riverhead Rd & Birch Ave in Flanders.
- Nineteen Suffolk homeowners will receive free advanced wastewater treatment systems valued at $15,000 plus free maintenance for five years, in a lottery that’s part of the county’s state-of-the-art septic demonstration program.
- Riverhead BID officials are still looking for a home for the indoor farmers’ market, which is supposed to begin the first Saturday in November. Last winter’s location is not likely going to be available because the building owner is set to sign a lease with a dollar store, according to ...
- Dr. Carl Czajkowski wanted his funeral to be a celebration of his rich life, his daughter said.
- Similarity in early Ebola and flu symptoms will overwhelm hospital screening capabilities if Ebola becomes active outside of W. Africa, PBMC president Andrew Mitchell warns, as governor outlines preparedness plans and L.I. congressman demands action by Homeland Security.
- Vines and Hops, which opened on E. Main St. about a year ago, is struggling to survive, its owner said. He says there are still too few businesses open after 5 p.m. to create the synergy necessary for them to thrive.
- The creator of the Providence, Rhode Island event that Riverhead was trying to mimic noticed — and wants to bring Waterfire to downtown Riverhead himself.
- An international real estate & business development firm & a company founded by former Gov. George Pataki are interested in marketing the EPCAL site and will meet with the Riverhead Town Board Thursday, Oct. 16.
- Nineteen rental apartments, including studios, one- and two-bedroom units, are being offered at rents between $895 and $1,528 per month. The second floor apartments are located above Maximus Health Club, Goldberg’s Bagels, and two currently empty storefronts, one of which has been leased to the Riverhead Flower Shop.
- PBMC officials talk about measures in place to prepare for the unlikely arrival of an Ebola patient in Riverhead.