- Riverhead Town is cooperating fully with the Suffolk County district attorney’s office in its investigation into sand mining activities, according to Riverhead Supervisor Sean Walter.
- “There is no way we would support that,” Mark Woolley, Congressman Lee Zeldin’s district director, told a meeting of civic association leaders last night, even though Zeldin voted for the bill in a vote last month.
- With the high heat and lack of rainfall, the water district, which is pumping just under 20 million gallons per day, is “running everything full tilt,” the supervisor said.
- Multi-trailer trucks up to 84 feet long would be allowed on roads in the federal national highway system network, which includes parts of Sound Avenue, Route 58 and Route 25.
- “It was a shame. It had so much character and added something to the community,” said Doug Corwin, whose family owns the property. His son plans to build a residence for his family there.
- A 21-year-old developmentally disabled woman who disarmed a door alarm and left her Riverhead group home was found safe just minutes after disappearing thanks to technology from Project Lifesaver.
Real estate recovery boosts CPF tax revenues in first 6 months of 2015 — but not in Riverhead, where revenues fallPeconic Bay region community preservation fund revenues are up 5.5 percent in the first six months of 2015 compared to the same period last year, South Fork Assemblyman Fred Thiele announced yesterday. The boost reflects an increase in the overall number of real estate transactions in the five East End towns and the ongoing recovery in ...
- About 150 customers in Riverhead were among the more than 5,000 PSEG customers without power Monday evening.
- “Every year it just got worse and worse,” said Ray Coyne, director of the town’s recreation department. The park was shut down at the beginning of the year, and it’s still awaiting repair.
- The Riverhead Waldbaum’s supermarket is one of five Long Island locations that will close as its parent company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- The spraying will take place between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 21.
- With temperatures slated to reach the high eighties all week, it’s time for a refresher on pet safety during summer.
- Single travel lane closures on the Route 25 bridge over the Long Island Expressway in Riverhead are now underway around-the-clock, the state Department of Transportation announced.
Are you ready for 10-digit dialing? Time is now to begin making changes ahead of rollout of new Suffolk area code 934The state Public Service Commission wants you to start using 10-digit dialing, which will become mandatory for Suffolk County’s 631 area code on June 16, 2016. Area code 934 will be added next July.
- Thirty teams from Long Island fire departments competed in yesterday’s Suffolk County Motorized Drill hosted by the Riverhead Ironmen.