- Riverhead highway crews are paving local roads in Wading River and Riverhead today. Highway Superintendent George Woodson said town crews will be paving on Wading River Manor Road from Route 25A to Long Pond Road, beginning at 6 a.m. The work should be completed by about 9 a.m., Woodson said. Crews will then move on to central ...
State’s $2.6 million road work project in Wading River is set to begin this week, be completed by year’s endThe project includes road and drainage repairs and repaving work on Route 25A between Wading River-Manor Road and Route 25.
- Riverhead Democratic candidates for supervisor and town board have received the endorsement of the Long Island Environmental Voters Forum, the group announced in an email this morning.
- Politics is in the air this week, with an environmental forum for town supervisor candidates on Monday, a gathering at a downtown restaurant to watch the first Democratic presidential candidates debate on Tuesday and a town supervisor candidates debate on Thursday.
Where do the supervisor candidates stand on environmental issues?
Monday night forum aims to find outSean Walter, Jodi Giglio and Anthony Coates will each face questions by environmental advocates — separately — in an Oct. 5 session at the Suffolk County Community College Culinary in Riverhead.
- The new owner is developing high-altitude solar-powered communications drones, according to Town Supervisor Sean Walter.
- Paving work is planned for three Riverhead town roads today, Highway Superintendent George Woodson said.
Student injured in Riverhead school bus mishap Tuesday; angry parents demand answers from school districtSusan Tocci, mother of the injured student, said the school district never informed her that her daughter’s bus had nearly been in a car accident, nor that her daughter had been injured as a result.
- Today’s the deadline for town supervisors across New York to file their tentative operating budgets for 2016. We’ll get a first look at Supervisor Sean Walter’s proposed spending plan when the supervisor presents his tentative budget tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. in the Riverhead Town Hall meeting room. Walter’s 2016 tentative budget is very likely to to ...
Heavy rain, possible tropical storm and major flooding to bring a month’s worth of rainfall this weekHeavy rain over the next week and the impacts from a potential tropical storm could bring major flooding to the area this week through the weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
- The state Department of Public Service has recommended a $325 million revenue increase over three years for PSEG-LI, according to a report released by the state late yesterday. If adopted, average residential customers on Long Island will see electric costs increase by 0.8 percent in 2016, 2.1 percent in 2017 and 2.1 percent in 2018, according ...
State’s directive shutting down Health Republic insurance co-op will affect ‘hundreds and hundreds’ across regionFollowing Friday’s announcement by the state that it has directed the new health insurance cooperative Health Republic to wind down its business operations, consumers across the region suddenly find themselves without coverage as of the end of the year.
East End’s first public fitness facility with Olympic-size indoor pool to open at Suffolk’s Riverhead campus“It’s the first indoor swimming pool for the North and South Fork that is of this size and open to the public,” said Legislator Jay Schneiderman. “It’s going to be an amazing facility.”
- Riverhead and North Fork spirit soared this weekend as more than 60 Team Noelle participants showed their love for a local woman battling ovarian cancer by a participating in an event to “break the silence” and raise awareness. Noelle Kouris, whose parents Nancy and Keith own the Blue Duck Bakery Cafes, was diagnosed in July with ...
- Suffolk County Sheriff Vincent DeMarco hosted officials from the New York City Department of Correction and Rikers Island this week, who visited the Riverhead jail to learn more about programs like the Council for Unity and Youth Tier programs.