- Have you ever had that nightmare where you’re trying to run away from some evil demon and your legs just won’t work? I have that nightmare all the time. Except it’s real life. And instead of a demon, it’s a kiwi.
- At this racially charged moment in our nation’s history, it’s time for each of us to take a hard look at the assumptions we make about people based on the color of their skin or ethnicity.
- EIleen Benthal on coping with grief and tough decisions, aided by dreams and doves.
- Sunday’s Pride Parade in New York City was a moment in history those who were part of the massive crowd will never forget. A beautiful, colorful, joyful spectacle that marked the beginning of the world so many have dreamed of, ached for, for lifetimes. It was, quite simply, a day about love. Just love. And for ...
- Kent isn’t an “aren’t the doggies cute” operation, Pamela Green of Kent Animal Shelter argues, calling Richard Amper’s opposition to the shelter’s proposed renovation “misdirected” because the new facility will improve, not impair, the environment.
- In overlooking RMTAS founder Denise Lucas, Riverhead Democrats missed the boat on an excellent candidate, writes Warren McKnight of Riverhead.
- If the town allows the Guardian Angels to patrol in Riverhead, it should enter into an indemnification agreement to protect our taxpayers. Legal fees to get that drawn up would be better spent on police overtime.
- Many questions remain unanswered about the proposition on Tuesday’s ballot authorizing the borrowing of $3.5 million to renovate an Edwards Avenue site for use as a new transportation facility.
- Retired Riverhead Police Det. Tim Hubbard speaks his mind on what’s needed to tackle public safety issues downtown: better deployment of cops, stepped-up code enforcement and holding absentee landlords accountable — not the Guardian Angels. (Opinion column.)
- It’s not easy to let go of the notion that you can control things in life. But learn to let go and you learn surrender brings serenity, clarity and freedom.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
Life on Purpose
In My Opinion
Bits and Pieces
A Place for Everything