- The noise that seeps from between his lips is akin to exhaling and adding just a hint of volume. I would say it’s most closely related to a snore, but with less thought attached to it.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
- This is the kind of legacy we can only hope to leave our children and grandchildren — one recorded on hearts, not balance sheets.
- The Spirit of God still moves among all of us, sometimes speaking in magnificent displays of God’s mighty power and sometimes through small children whose voices are seldom heard. Inspiration still flows and God’s Spirit promises to renew the face of the earth.
- Humans are prone to speculation: from gambling to gossip to speculating about the next president, whether there’s life on Mars, or where Kim Kardashian will next be spotted. What’s the point?
- If the town allows the Guardian Angels to patrol in Riverhead, it should enter into an indemnification agreement to protect our taxpayers. Legal fees to get that drawn up would be better spent on police overtime.
- Many questions remain unanswered about the proposition on Tuesday’s ballot authorizing the borrowing of $3.5 million to renovate an Edwards Avenue site for use as a new transportation facility.
- Retired Riverhead Police Det. Tim Hubbard speaks his mind on what’s needed to tackle public safety issues downtown: better deployment of cops, stepped-up code enforcement and holding absentee landlords accountable — not the Guardian Angels. (Opinion column.)
- Aquebogue parent Andrew Fitzpatrick outlines the shortcomings and potential hazards of Riverhead’s existing athletic fields and argues the case for the construction of a turf field.
- Teachers’ group vows retribution at the ballot box for legislators who voted in favor of ‘reform’ measures, which they say are demoralizing to children, teachers, and public education.
- East End oncologist Dr. Louis Avvento takes issue with Peconic Bay Medical Center’s characterization of merger with North Shore-LIJ as pursuit of unavailable services here. It was a “financial decision, plain and simple.”
A Place for Everything
Life on Purpose
Bits and Pieces
In My Opinion