- A realization about shedding not pounds but the damaging internalized messages about female body image. The self-loathing stops now.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
- When tragedy strikes in the Flanders pine barrens, grim-faced politicians will posture in front of TV cameras and create more special commissions to study the problem — but in fact, they are the problem. Opinion column by Denise Civiletti
- As a miserable week unfolded on the heels of the Easter celebration, placing challenge upon challenge in her path, Eileen Benthal finds comfort and hope in God’s mercy.
- To err is human. To forgive is also human. To forget? Impossible.
- Teachers’ group vows retribution at the ballot box for legislators who voted in favor of ‘reform’ measures, which they say are demoralizing to children, teachers, and public education.
- East End oncologist Dr. Louis Avvento takes issue with Peconic Bay Medical Center’s characterization of merger with North Shore-LIJ as pursuit of unavailable services here. It was a “financial decision, plain and simple.”
- Riverhead Neighborhood Preservation Coalition leader argues against issuance of a special permit to United Riverhead Terminal as a change in use that requires ZBA approval and an environmental impact statement before going forward.
- Widow of Ronald Janis of Riverhead, who passed away Feb. 27, says thank you to local police, ambulance and hospital workers
- It defies understanding that Congress could threaten funding for a vital agency like the Department of Homeland Security due to ridiculous political squabbling.
A message before the blizzard from Highway Superintendent Gio Woodson: How we plow and how you can help usThe intent of this message is to advise Town of Riverhead residents of our highway department ’s winter snow plowing and anti-icing/de-icing goals and objectives. The cooperation and understanding of all residents is essential for the highway department to achieve the objective of maintaining or restoring the roadways open and safe for travel as promptly ...
A Place for Everything
Life on Purpose
Bits and Pieces
In My Opinion