- If you want to be the house where all the kids go, get a pool. Then it doesn’t matter if you serve baba ghanoush with organic gluten-free crackers and a side of brie with pepper jelly.
- At this racially charged moment in our nation’s history, it’s time for each of us to take a hard look at the assumptions we make about people based on the color of their skin or ethnicity.
- The bonds of friendship, even those first forged on social media, provide strength to get you through the toughest times in life.
- Democratic town board candidates urge care and thoughtfulness moving forward with downtown redevelopment. If we rush and make the wrong choices, they argue, Riverhead will be forced to live with the consequences for many years to come.
- Republican town board candidate Tim Hubbard: A building moratorium downtown would send the wrong message to prospective developers and is the ‘polar opposite’ of what downtown really needs.
- Sunday’s Pride Parade in New York City was a moment in history those who were part of the massive crowd will never forget. A beautiful, colorful, joyful spectacle that marked the beginning of the world so many have dreamed of, ached for, for lifetimes. It was, quite simply, a day about love. Just love. And for ...
- Kent isn’t an “aren’t the doggies cute” operation, Pamela Green of Kent Animal Shelter argues, calling Richard Amper’s opposition to the shelter’s proposed renovation “misdirected” because the new facility will improve, not impair, the environment.
- In overlooking RMTAS founder Denise Lucas, Riverhead Democrats missed the boat on an excellent candidate, writes Warren McKnight of Riverhead.
- If the town allows the Guardian Angels to patrol in Riverhead, it should enter into an indemnification agreement to protect our taxpayers. Legal fees to get that drawn up would be better spent on police overtime.
- Back then, being gay was better left in the closet. In having the courage to live out of the closet, these neighbors and friends taught us by example that love is love is love.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
Life on Purpose
In My Opinion
Bits and Pieces
A Place for Everything