- Sometimes, it’s 8:11 p.m., you’re sliding the spatula under the last pancake-that-was-dinner in the skillet, the sink is full of dirty dishes and it’s long past wine o’clock.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
- Some might think Jimmy Stark and I unlikely friends. Perhaps we were. But after a rocky start, we forged a bond that lasted 25 years.
- A lesson from the lyrics of Taylor Swift on how to practice the kind of forgiveness Jesus taught.
Don’t wait for your ‘bucket list’ adventures — find joy and fulfillment in the ‘ordinary,’ every dayIt’s great to have a bucket list and entertain the possibility of fulfilling all our dreams, but while we contemplate our adventures let’s remember to look outside our front door.
- Riverhead Neighborhood Preservation Coalition leader argues against issuance of a special permit to United Riverhead Terminal as a change in use that requires ZBA approval and an environmental impact statement before going forward.
- Widow of Ronald Janis of Riverhead, who passed away Feb. 27, says thank you to local police, ambulance and hospital workers
- It defies understanding that Congress could threaten funding for a vital agency like the Department of Homeland Security due to ridiculous political squabbling.
A message before the blizzard from Highway Superintendent Gio Woodson: How we plow and how you can help usThe intent of this message is to advise Town of Riverhead residents of our highway department ’s winter snow plowing and anti-icing/de-icing goals and objectives. The cooperation and understanding of all residents is essential for the highway department to achieve the objective of maintaining or restoring the roadways open and safe for travel as promptly ...
- Zeldin criticizes the president’s proposal to raise taxes on upper income earners and large financial institutions as ‘aggravated class warfare.’ Instead of higher taxes for ‘hardworking job creators,’ taxes and regulations should be cut, he says, to ‘reward success’ and spur economic growth that will benefit workers.
- Life had special challenges for the eldest son of deaf Polish immigrants growing up in Riverhead. How playing sports made a boy feel like he belonged. A tribute to his dad by Michael Hejmej.
A Place for Everything
Life on Purpose
Bits and Pieces
In My Opinion