- Imagine my surprise. After howling about the amount of time our son spends playing video games, my husband is suddenly discussing war strategies with his offspring.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.
- January 19, 2015 is a landmark anniversary for RiverheadLOCAL. It’s the date five years ago we incorporated and officially became Riverhead’s only locally owned, independently operated, advertiser supported online news outlet.
- What does it mean to be driven? Eileen Benthal looks at the concept from a biblical perspective.
- When something’s driving you up a wall, do a quick perspective-check by asking yourself this question: Will it matter a year from now? Funny how the answer to that simple question sets it all straight.
- Widow of Ronald Janis of Riverhead, who passed away Feb. 27, says thank you to local police, ambulance and hospital workers
- It defies understanding that Congress could threaten funding for a vital agency like the Department of Homeland Security due to ridiculous political squabbling.
A message before the blizzard from Highway Superintendent Gio Woodson: How we plow and how you can help usThe intent of this message is to advise Town of Riverhead residents of our highway department ’s winter snow plowing and anti-icing/de-icing goals and objectives. The cooperation and understanding of all residents is essential for the highway department to achieve the objective of maintaining or restoring the roadways open and safe for travel as promptly ...
- Zeldin criticizes the president’s proposal to raise taxes on upper income earners and large financial institutions as ‘aggravated class warfare.’ Instead of higher taxes for ‘hardworking job creators,’ taxes and regulations should be cut, he says, to ‘reward success’ and spur economic growth that will benefit workers.
- Life had special challenges for the eldest son of deaf Polish immigrants growing up in Riverhead. How playing sports made a boy feel like he belonged. A tribute to his dad by Michael Hejmej.
- The newly sworn-in representative in New York’s 1st Congressional District expresses his gratitude and says he’s optimistic about the future.
A Place for Everything
Life on Purpose
Bits and Pieces
In My Opinion