- “This is, quite honestly, a bowl of spaghetti that’s congealed and you just have to unwind it,” State Senator Ken LaValle told me Friday.
- An uninvolved public and the district’s rubber-stamp school board foster a system lacking in oversight and accountability — and one that’s destined to fail.
- Columnist Greg Blass calls for the replacement of the Riverhead supervisor as police commissioner.
- The electric utilities industry and their fossil-fuel backers are doing everything they can to stop the home solar energy insurgence because it cuts into their profits.
- The $8.9 million beach “fortification” project at Montauk will do more harm than good and is an example of why the Army Corps is the wrong agency for civilian shoreline projects.
- An insider’s view of the demise of A&P and Waldbaum’s and the impacts of Key Food’s takeover of the Mattituck store — from the vantage point of a 26-year employee.
- After Riverhead physician assistant charged in oxycodone dealing scheme, substance abuse counselor Robert Hartmann reflects on the widespread devastation of addiction.
- I’m as disgusted with the sad state of Riverhead campaigning as anyone, but what troubles me most is that the mud-slinging diverts attention from really important things.
- “Michael and I have had our lives changed and, yes, ripped from us, but we continue on with our faith and the spirit of love.”
- An open letter to the residents of Flanders, Riverside and Northampton asking for support at Southampton Town Board meeting Dec. 1 to demand more police protection.
In My Opinion