Widespread electrical problem fills buildings with smoke, kills power along Route 58 commercial corridor(Update 6:22 pm.) Several buildings on Route 58 have been evacuated in what seems to be an electrical problem affecting a portion of the Route 58 commercial corridor.
- A Dodge Ram was traveling westbound on Route 58 when it collided with an eastbound Suburu that failed to yield as the driver turned left onto Doctors Path, police on the scene said.
- A Medford woman’s work week got off to a terrible start this morning when her 2014 Cadillac caught fire just after she exited the L.I. Expressway at Exit 71. Carol Kafarski was on her way to work at Malvese Equipment in Riverhead when, as she approached her exit, she “felt like a downshift” which slowed the ...
- An intoxicated man lying near the railroad tracks east of Mill Road in Riverhead halted an eastbound LIRR passenger train Saturday afternoon.
- A Flanders man convicted of aggravated vehicular homicide last month after a three-week trial was sentenced today to 12 and one-half to 25 years in state prison, Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said. Joseph Perez had a blood alcohol level nearly three times in excess of the legal limit more than three hours after mowing ...
Riverhead man accused of hurling Molotov cocktail at neighbor’s house arraigned on two felony chargesMonwell Wright, 21, was remanded to Suffolk County Correctional Facility in Riverhead in lieu of $250,000 cash bail after arraignment today on felony weapon possession and attempted arson charges.
- Police are seeking the public’s help to identify a man they say passed counterfeit bills at a Calverton gas station last month.