- A seven-count grand jury indictment accuses Shawn Foreman, 32, of having sexual intercourse with a child younger than 15, as well as sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
- A family returning from a day of fall festivities on the North Fork had their Sunday trip tarnished when their Jeep was rear-ended on Sound Avenue.
- The 77-year-old driver of a Honda Accord thought he was returning his electric shopping cart to the store, said police at the scene. No one was injured and the store was not damaged in the incident.
Defendant in knife attack was released without bail in more than a dozen other pending criminal cases, including prior weapons chargesThe Riverhead man charged with slashing the face of a man on Railroad Avenue Thursday night had been freed without bail on a felony weapons possession charge in May and is currently facing more than a dozen other criminal charges, including prior weapons and menacing charges in Riverhead Justice Court dating back to 2008.
- Residents in the Oakland Ridge Mobile Home Park on Osborn Avenue awakened to find a wood shed behind a West Drive home fully engulfed in flames.
- Anthony Wayne Smith, 56, of Riverhead, an ex-con with a history of weapons and assault convictions is charged in a knife attack on a Hispanic man at a Railroad Avenue market last night.