- The East End Drug Task Force arrested two Riverhead today on felony drug charges. Darius Mims, 24, and Robert Mahoney, 26, of 17 Wilson Avenue, were arrested at their residence by the East End Drug Task Force, assisted by Riverhead Town Police, who executed a search warrant as a result of an investigation into drug sales ...
- A power outage has left more than 300 customers in the dark in central Riverhead this afternoon — including most of the Peconic Bay Medical Center’s main campus on Roanoke Avenue.
- Riverhead Police said a 55-year-old Mastic man has been charged in the robberies of two Capital One bank branches, which took place in December and January.
- Tarell Holloway, accused of auto theft last summer, pleaded guilty to grand larceny charges Monday in Suffolk County Criminal Court.
- Riverhead volunteer firefighters made a quick stop of a kitchen fire at Sabor Latino restaurant in DMV plaza this morning. Black smoke was billowing from the restaurant’s roof when firefighters were called on the report of a structure fire just before 10 a.m. The fire started on a kitchen stove, Third Assistant Chief Tim Corwin said. He ...
- Sound Avenue is temporarily closed from Twomey Avenue to Osborn Avenue while the accident is being cleared.
Jamesport man in screwdriver and brick attacks pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault charges in county courtA Jamesport man facing felony assault charges stemming from two separate incidents last month has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault charges in Suffolk County Criminal Court and was released on his own recognizance pending sentencing.