Man already facing assault charge arrested for hitting another man in the head with a brick during fightA man already facing assault charges in Riverhead stemming from an arrest earlier this month is facing a new assault charge today after he struck another man in the head with a brick this morning during a fight on Railroad Avenue, according to Riverhead Town Police. Police have charged Alvah Randall Jr., of Jamesport, with second-degree ...
- One woman was sent to the hospital this morning after a two-car accident at the intersection of Osborn Avenue and Court Street. A silver Honda headed eastbound on Court Street allegedly went through a red light after its driver suddenly experienced dizziness, according to police on the scene. The Honda collided with a black Acura headed south ...
- The man, 30, suffered smoke inhalation and was airlifted to Stony Brook hospital. A woman, infant and small child escaped uninjured from the upstairs apartment in the two-family home.
- Riverhead firefighters found records burning in a second-story storage room at the county center this afternoon.
- At around 3 p.m., Jamesport Fire Department responded to the scene at the intersection of Sound Avenue and Manor Lane with an engine, a heavy rescue truck and fire police to control traffic at the scene.
- No one was seriously hurt in the two-vehicle smack-up, but four children taken to hospital as precaution for evaluation.
- The driver in a single car crash was hurt when her vehicle flipped on E. Main St. and crashed into a utility pole. She refused breathalyzer test, police said.