- Austin Fitzpatrick set a goal for himself going into his junior lacrosse season at Riverhead: finish the year with a collegiate commitment.
- Riverhead lacrosse coach Vic Guadagnino knew it could happen. After two seasons of dominance, a verbal commitment to the University of Maryland and an assemblage of awards including Division I rookie of the year his freshman season, Guadagnino assigned a person all year long to just record Blake Carrara’s stats to make sure he would ...
- “We put Riverhead on the map this year,” senior defenseman Raheem Brown said.
- You can throw the ball hard and rip up the radar gun all you want but if your mechanics aren’t sound, it’s just a matter of time before a life-long pitching career catches up to you. Take for example, former left-handed pitching prospect Jimmy Powers who donned the Riverhead blue just six years ago. Powers was highly-recruited ...
- Matt Crohan (RHS ’13) after phenomenal sophomore season on the mound for Winthrop University Eagles, is invited to Team USA training camp — one of 16 pitchers invited to try out for the 12-pitcher roster on the national team.
- The last Riverhead team standing in the postseason fell Saturday in a 10-0 defeat against No. 10 Half Hollow Hills East.
Instead of going D-I for one sport, Riverhead’s Danni Napoli decides to play two at D-III SUNY GeneseoDanni Napoli could have played D-I softball or field hockey, but that would have meant choosing one over the other. The Blue Waves All-State, Player-of-the-Year star will play both at Geneseo next year, where she will also major in mathematics.
- McGann-Mercy’s season ended Saturday in Hampton Bays where the two teams met in a double-elimination playoff game. With only two players graduating this year and six freshman on the roster, Monarchs softball has “a lot to look forward to.”
Latest Sports Video
Out of Season