- “We put Riverhead on the map this year,” senior defenseman Raheem Brown said.
- Thanks to a high tempo of play, dominant midfield control and outstanding goalkeeping, the Blue Waves (8-7) have secured the No. 13 seed in the Division I bracket released by Section XI today.
- With Saturday morning’s blowout win over Copiague, the Blue Waves have officially qualified for the playoffs with a league record of 6-6.
- The last Riverhead team standing in the postseason fell Saturday in a 10-0 defeat against No. 10 Half Hollow Hills East.
- Season round-ups and playoff previews for Riverhead baseball and softball and McGann-Mercy softball.
- Since the Waves will be in the playoffs for the first time since 2008, the team is focused on seeding. Riverhead (10-7) improved its chances by shutting out North Babylon today 6-0 on a two hit, six strikeout effort by Kenny Simco.
- McGann-Mercy’s season ended Saturday in Hampton Bays where the two teams met in a double-elimination playoff game. With only two players graduating this year and six freshman on the roster, Monarchs softball has “a lot to look forward to.”
- “That was a true playoff game,” Coach Jeff Doroski said. “I’m proud of the way the kids played.”
Latest Sports Video
Out of Season