- Riverhead lacrosse coach Vic Guadagnino knew it could happen. After two seasons of dominance, a verbal commitment to the University of Maryland and an assemblage of awards including Division I rookie of the year his freshman season, Guadagnino assigned a person all year long to just record Blake Carrara’s stats to make sure he would ...
- “We put Riverhead on the map this year,” senior defenseman Raheem Brown said.
- Thanks to a high tempo of play, dominant midfield control and outstanding goalkeeping, the Blue Waves (8-7) have secured the No. 13 seed in the Division I bracket released by Section XI today.
- You can throw the ball hard and rip up the radar gun all you want but if your mechanics aren’t sound, it’s just a matter of time before a life-long pitching career catches up to you. Take for example, former left-handed pitching prospect Jimmy Powers who donned the Riverhead blue just six years ago. Powers was highly-recruited ...
- Matt Crohan (RHS ’13) after phenomenal sophomore season on the mound for Winthrop University Eagles, is invited to Team USA training camp — one of 16 pitchers invited to try out for the 12-pitcher roster on the national team.
- The last Riverhead team standing in the postseason fell Saturday in a 10-0 defeat against No. 10 Half Hollow Hills East.
- McGann-Mercy’s season ended Saturday in Hampton Bays where the two teams met in a double-elimination playoff game. With only two players graduating this year and six freshman on the roster, Monarchs softball has “a lot to look forward to.”
- “That was a true playoff game,” Coach Jeff Doroski said. “I’m proud of the way the kids played.”
Latest Sports Video
Out of Season