- No. 6 Kings Park defeats Riverhead, 69-51, in first round of Suffolk AA championships. But coach and 5 returning starters have high hopes for next year.
- RIverhead (No. 11 in AA bracket) travels to No. 6 Kings Park Tuesday for round one of the girls basketball playoffs, while McGann-Mercy (No. 6 in the B bracket) heads to No. 3 Port Jeff Friday.
Blue Waves close losing season on a high note with big win. ‘But next year we will be a playoff team,’ Coach Rossetti saysRiverhead pummeled West Islip 69-46 Friday night, finishing the 2014-2015 season with a 6-8 record. Coach John Rossetti is looking forward to next year.
- Tyrese Kerr’s dominant performance — game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds— lifted the Blue Waves to a 56-40 blowout win over Centereach yesterday in Riverhead.
- The loss brings their record to 2-4. The Monarchs will play Hampton Bays (1-5) Jan. 15 at home at 6:15 p.m.
- Riverhead Middle School wrestler Katie Moore was second in the county and fourth in the state last year in her youth wrestling league. She pinned her opponent in the first match of the season, her first wrestling for a school team.
Latest Sports Video
Out of Season