- Riverhead’s football season ended today in a 14-6 loss to the West Islip Lions. The Waves’ fate was sealed with an interception by the Lions late in the 4th quarter.
- There was no doubt which was the best team on the field Saturday afternoon at Smithtown East High School. The score was 22-0 halfway through the first quarter. Riverhead (4-4 Division II) finished their regular season on a 42-0 thumping of the lowly Smithtown East Bulls who failed to record a victory this season. It was an all too ...
After making playoffs for fourth consecutive year, No. 11 Riverhead falls to Eastport-South Manor, 3-0Riverhead fell to Eastport-South Manor 3-0 on Saturday.
- Riverhead, after losing back-to-back games 45-7, came back this week and delivered a final blow to Bellport’s season with a 28-8 victory Saturday afternoon.
- Riverhead fell to Half Hollow Hills West 45-7 yesterday on the road. The Blue Waves dropped to 2-4 in Division II and take on Bellport (1-5) in their homecoming game next week.
- A game-winning touchdown with less than a minute on the clock lifted the McGann-Mercy Monarchs to a 40-38 victory over the East Hampton Bonackers for the Monarchs’ homecoming celebration.
- “It was definitely a beat-down,” head coach Leif Shay said. “They’re a really good football team. They’re undefeated for a reason.”
- Though the loss hurts, the Blue Waves are still positioned to make the playoffs for the second straight year with just three games remaining on the schedule.
- When it rains, it pours — especially when the Blue Waves are in town. The last time Riverhead traveled to face an undefeated Smithtown West Bulls team, they came home with the win. It was no different Friday night when the Blue Waves came in as underdogs sporting a 1-2 record. But the Bulls, (3-0) could not move ...
- Under an off-and-on rain shower, the Tuckers dominated the Monarchs, 7-0.
- Riverhead (4-2 Division II) walked away with a 2-1 victory Monday afternoon against West Islip (2-4 Division II).