- A game-winning touchdown with less than a minute on the clock lifted the McGann-Mercy Monarchs to a 40-38 victory over the East Hampton Bonackers for the Monarchs’ homecoming celebration.
- “It was definitely a beat-down,” head coach Leif Shay said. “They’re a really good football team. They’re undefeated for a reason.”
- Though the loss hurts, the Blue Waves are still positioned to make the playoffs for the second straight year with just three games remaining on the schedule.
- When it rains, it pours — especially when the Blue Waves are in town. The last time Riverhead traveled to face an undefeated Smithtown West Bulls team, they came home with the win. It was no different Friday night when the Blue Waves came in as underdogs sporting a 1-2 record. But the Bulls, (3-0) could not move ...
- Under an off-and-on rain shower, the Tuckers dominated the Monarchs, 7-0.
- Riverhead (4-2 Division II) walked away with a 2-1 victory Monday afternoon against West Islip (2-4 Division II).
- Riverhead forced four turnovers on defense en route to a 12-6 victory over Half Hollow Hills East at Coach Mike McKillop Memorial Field on Saturday afternoon.
- The Southold/Greenport Settlers played host to the McGann-Mercy Monarchs on Monday afternoon and neither team could pull away with the victory.
- Uncertainty at the quarterback position, uncharacteristic mistakes and a plethora of injuries sunk Riverhead on Saturday afternoon against North Babylon.
- Riverhead lost in front of a home crowd Saturday morning against North Babylon, 7-0.
- After surrendering the first goal of the game, Mattituck’s offense came alive and scored the next three goals, winning 3-1 at Mattituck High School on Friday afternoon.