- A Queens woman on her way to Tanger with her family was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital tonight after the van she was riding in crashed into the woods off the L.I. Expressway west of exit 71.
- A 23-year-old Riverhead man has been charged with second-degree rape and endangering the welfare of a child, according to Southampton Town Police. Jose Quiran was arrested on September 13 for a sexual offense involving a 13-year-old female child known to him, according to a Southampton police press release. He was held overnight ...
- Second Assembly District candidates Anthony Palumbo and Thomas Schiliro debated the Women’s Equality Act, Common Core Curriculum, ethics reform and other topics in a spirited hour-long debate in Riverhead last night hosted by this website.
- Two boaters were rescued off the coast of Wading River in the wee hours of Monday morning after their vessel ran out of fuel, according to the Coast Guard Sector Long Island.
- A seven-count grand jury indictment accuses Shawn Foreman, 32, of having sexual intercourse with a child younger than 15, as well as sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Celebrating a leader’s spirit and determination: Annual 5K raises more than $20,000 for breast cancer servicesThe North Fork Breast Health Coalition’s 16th Annual 5K Walk at Tanger Outlets yesterday raised more than $20,000 to support local breast cancer patients. It was an emotional day for organizers, who are grieving the sudden passing of the group’s president last month. Photo slideshow.
- Republican incumbent Anthony Palumbo will meet challenger Tom Schiliro in the first debate of the campaign tonight at Polish Hall in Riverhead, beginning at 7 p.m.
- A family returning from a day of fall festivities on the North Fork had their Sunday trip tarnished when their Jeep was rear-ended on Sound Avenue.
- After parents complained to the school board earlier this month, district officials analyzed bus ridership and changed routes on four buses.
- Quarterback Kenny Simco’s 2-yard run and three touchdown passes propelled the Waves to their third win in week three of the 2014 season. Photo slideshow.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves (2-0) held tough against the Smithtown East Bulls (1-1) today at McKillop Memorial Field for a 39-27 win. Game highlights and photo slideshow.
- Photos: Maria Dillingham’s 3 goals and 2 assists led Riverhead (3-0) to a 5-0 victory over North Babylon (0-3) yesterday.
- Women: What does your husband really mean when he says ‘yes’ he’ll take care of that new item on his honey-do list?
- Inspired by a week of southern hospitality, Kayleigh cooks up this tasty Cajun shrimp and potato salad. Try this quick and easy recipe as a main dish or side.
- When life hands her lemons, she doesn’t make lemonade. She pelts life in its mocking face with those lemons. Hard. Laurie Nigro on going ballistic— productively, of course.
- God the father has the heart of the best parent. If we feel pain when our children are in pain, how much more does God, the perfect parent, feel our pain and our sorrow?
- Fry up these potatoes to accompany those eggs (any style) and you’ve got yourself a rock-star . In the Kitchen with Kayleigh this week.
- L.I. Science Center executive director Michelle Pelletier explains the organization’s towing policy and defends its implementation.
Public Meetings Calendar