LIPA chooses four Calverton solar proposals, including one at EPCAL, among all-solar array of 11 projectsRiverhead Town will see rental revenues of more than a half-million dollars annually in a land lease or several million dollars in a sale in connection with a solar power plant proposal for the Calverton Enterprise Park selected by LIPA today.
- The leak was caused when workers operating a skid loader hit a gas valve in Cablevision’s parking lot, police said.
Riverhead Town Board wrap – Dec. 16:
planning director axed, six new cops hired, board balks at new flyboard codeRiverhead Town’s planning director position eliminated, six new police recruits hired, public hearing on revised flyboard code unexpectedly stalls, deer shotgun hunt set, more.
With $200,000 in new county funding, dream of a paved bike path looping around EPCAL comes closer to realityThe Suffolk County Legislature Monday unanimously approved $200,000 in funding toward the completion of a planned 8.9 mile paved bike path in Calverton.
- A 69-year-old woman was injured when her car left the roadway and hit a utility pole and concrete pillar Monday night.
- Riverhead Police are searching for a man who robbed the Capital One Bank on East Main Street this afternoon.
Two people hurt in four-car crash as eastbound minivan enters westbound lanes of Route 58: Riverhead PoliceAn eastbound minivan entered the westbound lanes of Route 58 and collided with three other vehicles, one of them head-on, Tuesday afternoon.
- The young lab-mix lost after he bolted when spooked by fireworks at the downtown bonfire Saturday night was found this morning on Doctors Path near National Grid in Riverhead.
- On Tuesday, December 9th, the Riverhead High School Chamber Choir had the pleasure of performing for the Peconic Bay Medical Center Volunteer Luncheon at Vineyard Caterers in Aquebogue. The audience ...
- In a see-saw match at Riverhead High School Wednesday night, Riverhead finished with the final blow, winning its first league meet of the season, 45-41.
- For the first time in four or five seasons, Riverhead wrestling coach Wade Davey finally has a team with more than one or two seniors on it.
- Dramatic finish to Blue Waves’ season opener: Riverhead sinks winning basket with seconds left on clock. Photo slideshow.
- There was one confirmed human case of West Nile virus in Suffolk County this year, Suffolk health commissioner announced Dec. 12: a senior in the Town of Islip was hospitalized ...
- Murphy’s Law makes preparing her husband for a business trip, well, interesting for Laurie Nigro. Whiskey or weapons? What will it be?
- Waiting can be hard — whether you’re a kid waiting for Santa, a mother waiting for the birth of a child, or an author waiting for the publication of your first book. Reflections on the anxiety and joyful expectation of the season by Eileen Benthal.
- How much time do you spend picking up your payroll check, standing in line at the bank, figuring out how much cash you’ll need right now, how much to leave for bills, paying them, and reconciling accounts? Oh, you ran out of stamps? Add a trip to the post office. I haven’t paid a bill for, ...
- Freedom of speech is a precious right. Why can’t we just respect the right of others to exercise that right. Blog by Laurie Downs.
- The disorganized bunch in my life even have the nerve to scoff at my charts, planners and organizers. If they only knew how much better life would be if they pulled themselves together. Even just a little.
- If we take the time to look and listen, we learn that prophets are everywhere — from children struggling with serious illness to photojournalists.
Public Meetings Calendar