- A single car accident sent one man to Peconic Bay Medical Center this morning after his car lost control on Route 25.
- A westbound LIRR passenger train struck and killed an unidentified person on the track near Mill Road at about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Deer seasons expanded in Suffolk;
bowhunting extended through Jan. 31, firearms season will include weekendsState deer hunting rules changed to allow bowhunting through Jan 31 in Suffolk and add weekends to deer special January firearms season.
- Riverhead Police Officers and their children distributed turkey dinners and Christmas presents to needy families throughout the town on Tuesday.
- The road will reopen around 10 a.m., according to police radio reports.
WaterFire creator speaks to supporters Monday about vision for Peconic River and surrounding communityWaterFire creator Barnaby Evans gathered supporters at the Suffolk Theater Monday evening to outline his vision and the next steps for WaterFire on the Peconic.
- County Executive Steve Bellone’s Twitter account was following a 19-year-old porn star, but the county executive had nothing to do with it, his staff says.
- Local police officers are being urged to exercise caution after the deaths of two of their brothers in Brooklyn Saturday.
- Riverhead’s sophomore goalie Jacob Coleman (’17) has given a verbal commitment to play for Hofstra .
- In a see-saw match at Riverhead High School Wednesday night, Riverhead finished with the final blow, winning its first league meet of the season, 45-41.
- For the first time in four or five seasons, Riverhead wrestling coach Wade Davey finally has a team with more than one or two seniors on it.
- Dramatic finish to Blue Waves’ season opener: Riverhead sinks winning basket with seconds left on clock. Photo slideshow.
State health department publishes draft medical marijuana regulations; public comment period begins Dec. 31The draft rules, released by the health department yesterday, govern the manufacture, distribution, prescription and use of marijuana for medical purposes.
- In the wake of the cold-blooded killings of two NYPD officers, people everywhere should remain vigilant.
- What happens when someone who’s always done shopping by Nov. 1 finds herself unprepared the week before Christmas? Seasonal humor from Laurie Nigro.
- There are a lot of angels in the Christmas story. God uses angels throughout salvation history to make special announcements for all people and to present specific calls to individuals. In the narratives of Christ’s birth the angels have a very special message that speaks to all of us, even today. Before the birth of Christ, ...
- Week three: Water Works! Learn how to incorporate gallons of water into your at-home workout.
- Don’t fret about hosting that holiday dinner party. This rosemary Dijon-crusted rack of lamb is a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to make with these tips from Kayleigh.
- Even the most organized person can feel scattered in a busy family. Learn how to organize your family’s schedule digitally in this week’s A Pro at Organizing.
Public Meetings Calendar