- Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-Shirley) calls on FAA to establish “rotating” access points over north shore and enforce minimum altitude rules for helicopters before start of summer season on the East End.
- It was cloudy with a chance of meatballs at Polish Hall yesterday, where hundreds of locals braved flooded roads and dreary skies for Rotary’s annual spaghetti lunch and dinner. Chicken parmigiana was on the menu this year, in addition to the traditional spaghetti and meatballs entree. More than 750 meals were served ...
- Updated: 8:30 a.m. Even though it took longer for precipitation to change from rain to snow, the transition is happening across the East End this morning and heavy snow will fall through the morning into the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. With snowfall rates of an inch per ...
- Closings, cancellations and delays Thursday, March 5 Updated: 7 a.m. Apple Honda, closed Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School, closed East End Disability Associates Day Habilitation Program- Riverhead, closed Hallmark Chiropractic, closed Independent Group Home Living- Manorville, closed (staff must report) Long Island University-Riverhead, closed Lupton & Luce, closing at 12 p.m. Lyrical Children’s Preschool- Calverton, closed Riverhead Central School District, closed Riverhead ...
Winter storm warning remains in effect for tonight through Thursday, as highway crews still scramble for saltA winter storm is expected to drop 4-7 inches of accumulating sleet and snow tonight and tomorrow, as local highway crews find themselves ‘critically low’ on road salt supplies.
Riverhead’s ‘bubble boy': Fourth-grader at Aquebogue goes to school for first time in his life using an iPadEight-year-old Gabriel can’t eat any foods, or even be in a room that might have food products. But this year, for the first time in his life, he has been able to go to school – using FaceTime.
Riverhead Rotarians serving up Italian fare today in fundraiser to support local charities & scholarshipsThe Riverhead Rotary Club is hosting its annual fundraising spaghetti lunch and dinner today at Polish Hall. Spaghetti & meatballs, chicken parm, salad, garlic bread, dessert & coffee. Eat in or take out. Lunch: 12 noon-2 p.m. Dinner 4-8 p.m. Support the Rotary Scholarship fund and enjoy a great meal ...
- The McDonald’s on Route 58 will host a fundraiser March 18 for the Lawrence family, to honor the memory of Danielle Lawrence, friend and classmate of many workers there.
School board wrap-up: Influx of English Language Learners, nine-period school day forum and budget presentationNew state regulations for English language learners follow a recent influx of ELL students at Riverhead. A March 9 forum for discussion of a nine-period school day at the high ...
- Long Island isn’t known for its ice hockey but one player is trying to change that. As it stands, there are only three AAA PAL teams on Long Island and in ...
- Riverhead Middle School wrestler Katie Moore was second in the county and fourth in the state last year in her youth wrestling league. She pinned her opponent in the first match of the season, her first wrestling for a school team.
- No. 6 Kings Park defeats Riverhead, 69-51, in first round of Suffolk AA championships. But coach and 5 returning starters have high hopes for next year.
- Widow of Ronald Janis of Riverhead, who passed away Feb. 27, says thank you to local police, ambulance and hospital workers
- Imagine my surprise. After howling about the amount of time our son spends playing video games, my husband is suddenly discussing war strategies with his offspring.
- What does it mean to be driven? Eileen Benthal looks at the concept from a biblical perspective.
- This quick Dutch Baby Pancake with Blackberry Compote will satisfy your sweet cravings in a hurry. In the Kitchen this week with Kayleigh.
- It defies understanding that Congress could threaten funding for a vital agency like the Department of Homeland Security due to ridiculous political squabbling.
- Why don’t you just go sit down and rest, he says. Like the little mom fairies are going to swoop in and do all the stuff that needs to get done around the house.
- Jenny Cabas-Vargas, MD joins the PBMC Health Orthopedics Team as Director of Rheumatology and Immunology.
- Michele McGovern walks you through an intense isolated leg workout in the Weekly Workout.
Public Meetings Calendar