- The Riverhead Business Improvement District is considering using funds from its downtown farmer’s market to purchase and install security cameras in locations around downtown Riverhead.
- Emily Hill, the driver involved in the May 17 motor vehicle accident in the King Kullen parking lot that claimed the life of a 51-year-old Hampton Bays woman, has issued a statement about the accident.
- Joseph Perez of Flanders was found guilty yesterday of aggravated vehicular homicide in connection with the January 2014 crash that killed 56-year-old Donna Sartori of Middle Island.
The morning after: Walter reconsiders pledge to wage primary against Giglio:
‘I haven’t made up my mind’“I haven’t made any decision one way or the other at this point,” Walter said in a phone interview this morning.
- Riverhead Democrats picked Anthony Coates to lead their ticket in this year’s local election, with political newcomers Neil Krupnick and Laura Jens Smith for council.
- Tensions ran high in last night’s Republican party balloting for town supervisor, in which Councilwoman Jodi Giglio edged out Supervisor Sean Walter by half a point, with committee member Tracy Stark-James abstaining from the vote.
- Chairman of the town board’s traffic safety committee argues there’s no need for an expensive traffic study— the solution is simple: confine heavy truck through-traffic to state and county roads in Riverhead.
- The Long Island Latino Vintners Association is meant to promote and support the Latino community in the Long Island wine region.
- Most people can’t remember a time when Patricia Skura wasn’t in the middle school office, where she’d been a fixture since 1988. Before that, she was a special ed aide ...
- McGann-Mercy’s season ended Saturday in Hampton Bays where the two teams met in a double-elimination playoff game. With only two players graduating this year and six freshman on the roster, ...
- The last Riverhead team standing in the postseason fell Saturday in a 10-0 defeat against No. 10 Half Hollow Hills East.
- “That was a true playoff game,” Coach Jeff Doroski said. “I’m proud of the way the kids played.”
- There are a lot of very exciting reports finally coming in! It feels like Aqua-Christmas on the Peconic Bay and the presents are big fluke and porgies.
- New restrictions designed to reduce harvest of black sea bass in N.Y. waters have been proposed by the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
- The noise that seeps from between his lips is akin to exhaling and adding just a hint of volume. I would say it’s most closely related to a snore, but with less thought attached to it.
- The Spirit of God still moves among all of us, sometimes speaking in magnificent displays of God’s mighty power and sometimes through small children whose voices are seldom heard. Inspiration still flows and God’s Spirit promises to renew the face of the earth.
- This sea scallop with garlic pasta will get your mouth watering and put your endorphins into overdrive. Prepare to feel euphoric.
- If the town allows the Guardian Angels to patrol in Riverhead, it should enter into an indemnification agreement to protect our taxpayers. Legal fees to get that drawn up would be better spent on police overtime.
- Many questions remain unanswered about the proposition on Tuesday’s ballot authorizing the borrowing of $3.5 million to renovate an Edwards Avenue site for use as a new transportation facility.
- ‘Normal women don’t ask for brooms and dust pans for Christmas.’ True. But no one, especially not her husband, would ever accuse Laurie Nigro of being ‘normal.’
- Spring is here in full force! Before you go outside, remember to take a few steps to reduce your risk of getting skin cancer.
- Watch along with Michele as she guides you through a workout set to song that you can do in your own home.
Public Meetings Calendar