- Riverhead will pursue legislation to allow the highway department to plow private roads without assuming broader responsibilities for maintenance and repairs.
- Compliance with regulations and the sustainability of agriculture on L.I. were topics of discussion at today’s forum hosted by Rep. Tim Bishop.
- Riverhead and Jamesport Fire Departments were on the scene of a bulldozer fire at the Riverhead Highway Department sand mine on Manor Lane.
- More than 100 customers in RIverhead Town remain in the dark early this morning, after a Nor’easter packing wind gusts of more than 45 mph churned across the island late last night, downing trees and power lines and knocking out power in Riverhead, Aquebogue and Wading River.
- Four Riverhead Town Board members have signed a letter seeking to state historic preservation officials seeking to withdraw the town’s application for listing Main Road on state and national registers.
- A blue Honda Passport was heading eastbound down East Main Street when it collided with the rear of a red Ford Focus waiting to turn onto Prospect Place. The impact pushed the Ford into the lane of oncoming traffic, where it struck a BMW.
- A proposal by United Riverhead Terminal to convert two oil fuel storage tanks to gasoline storage prompted opposition from Northville residents, who questioned the accuracy of information provided by the applicant as well as the adequacy of the town’s review of the plan.
- Details on proposed 2015 budgets for Riverhead, Flanders, Jamesport and Wading River fire districts, set for public hearings tonight as mandated by state law. All hearings will be held at the districts’ respective headquarters.
- As part of their social studies curriculum, the second graders from the Roanoke Avenue Elementary School went to the the Hallockville Museum Farm to learn about rural communities and the ...
- The Riverhead Blue Waves field hockey team fell to the Newfield Wolverines today, 1-0. Story and photo slideshow.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves fell to 4-2 with a 21-14 loss to East Islip in the Waves’ homecoming game.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves improved to 4-1 with a 20-15 victory over Newfield (1-4) Saturday in Selden.
- Assembly candidate Tom Schiliro responds to incumbent’s letter about ‘playing politics with women’s rights’.
- After more than a dozen years as someone’s mom, it’s time to make time for myself. The trick is being able to stay up late enough.
- God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.” (James 1:19) If we spent more time listening to one another than speaking in anger, the world would probably be a better place.
- If you’re afflicted with pumpkinitis, you’re going to love this positively haunting recipe for pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies. This weekend In the Kitchen with Kayleigh.
- Buying a new computer is only the beginning. Proper file organization is essential or you’ll quickly lose control of things you’ll need to easily find.
- “I believe the public needs to decide how they feel about the so-called ‘Women’s Equality Act’ after they have read the language for themselves,” Assemblyman Anthony Palumbo writes.
Public Meetings Calendar