- Only about one-third of the arrests made by Riverhead Police are being disclosed to reporters compiling crime reports, a RiverheadLOCAL analysis disclosed.
- No charges filed against the Riverhead man who drove the vehicle that struck and killed one man and critically injured another as they crossed SR 24.
County jail draws Latino gang members to Riverhead, which is MS-13 ‘base': Guardian Angels founder Curtis SliwaHundreds of Latino gang members are inmates at county jail, drawing other gang members to Riverhead, which is a base for MS-13 in Suffolk, according to Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa.
Car hits two pedestrians crossing Flanders Road Sunday night; one killed, the other critically injuredOne male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene and the second was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital in critical condition, police said. They were attempting to cross Flanders Road just north of Vail Avenue when they were hit by a car.
- The National Weather Service is tracking a developing coastal low expected to pass near the 40/70 benchmark Wednesday night, which could mean ‘warning level’ snowfall across the region.
Would-be thieves cut copper lines in vacant downtown Riverhead building, cause oil spill on Peconic RiverfrontThe spilt oil discharged from a sump in the building into the parking lot storm drains, then percolated to the surface after heavy rains earlier this week, Riverhead Fire Marshal Craig Zitek said.
- Now a 45-year-old HR executive with an international company, Willy Saelan of Jakarta, reflects on his year as an exchange student in Riverhead, 1987-1988.
- Stotzky Park will get a new playground in time for next spring, if the Riverhead Town Board approves a proposal put together by Councilman George Gabrielsen and parks and recreation superintendent Raymond Coyne.
- Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School is proud to announce its Honor Roll and Principal’s List for the 1st quarter of the 2014-2015 school year. To qualify for Honor Roll at McGann-Mercy, ...
- Riverhead Blue Waves lacrosse standout Mark Andrejack, of Jamesport, will attend Adelphi University on an athletic scholarship to play lacrosse.
- Riverhead High School lacrosse midfielder Amanda Dickerson has signed to play lacrosse at Pace University next year.
- For the first time in three years, the bus carrying the Riverhead Blue Waves football team home from a playoff game drove past the victory bell. Riverhead was eliminated by Half Hollow Hills West, 28-13.
- Simply reporting arrests Riverhead Police disclose to the media isn’t enough, because it’s not even half of the arrests made.
- The Thanksgiving holiday is a reminder that God’s blessings also can be bittersweet, but much to be grateful for nonetheless.
- Hosting holiday celebrations means doing a household scrub-down — which can be full of surprises. Laughs plus a ‘Whiskey Seduction’ to help you recover.
- Bye, bye dry bird. With this simple trick, the perfect is soaked right in for a moist, turkey Thanksgiving turkey. In the Kitchen this week with Kayleigh.
- This week, organizing pro Mimi Corwin walks you through ridding your house (and life) of paper products, from stray greeting cards to art projects and beyond. The paper chase challenge is on.
- Every day, especially in our social-media-driven world, we face choices between doing God’s will or catering to our innate need for approval.
Public Meetings Calendar