- The halls of both the high school and middle school are buzzing with activity and excitement in the last days of summer as construction workers put the finishing touches on new additions and extensive renovations to both buildings, while maintenance crews clean and polish, teachers and staff unpack and set ...
- Developers of the Peconic Crossing mixed-use apartment building on West Main Street went to last night’s Planning Board meeting expecting to leave with a preliminary site plan approval. Instead, they got three detailed planning department staff reports posing a host of questions to be answered and were told the town has ...
- A 34-year-old man indicted on second-degree rape and sexual assault charges was sentenced to four months in jail and 10 years probation by a Suffolk County Criminal Court judge this week.
- Facing Riverhead officials’ insistence that the former Blockbuster Video site on Route 58 is inappropriate for a medical marijuana dispensary, Columbia Care officials agreed to explore alternatives.
- Six people were arrested by Riverhead Police yesterday during a State Liquor Authority compliance check operation conducted by the Riverhead Police Department C.O.P.E. Unit.
- A new optometry practice in Riverhead is introducing comprehensive vision therapy to the East End for the first time, providing non-surgical alternatives for many common eye problems like lazy eye, double vision and crossed eyes.
New CPA’s undisclosed past connection with Riverhead financial administrator and school district scandal irks boardRiverhead Town Board members say the financial administrator, WIlliam Rothaar, did not disclose his past connection to the new CPA’s disgraced and disbanded firm, Miller, Lilly and Pearce, which was involved in the scandal at the Roslyn school district, where Rothaar was district treasurer.
After daughter’s diagnosis, local business owners shine light on ovarian cancer awareness with ‘Team Noelle’Nancy Kouris, who, along with her husband Keith are well-known in Riverhead and on the North Fork for their Blue Duck Bakery Cafes, were faced with the greatest challenge of their lives in July: The devastating news that their beautiful daughter, Noelle, 34, had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. With grace, ...
- The halls of both the high school and middle school are buzzing with activity and excitement in the last days of summer as construction workers put the finishing touches on ...
- Austin Fitzpatrick set a goal for himself going into his junior lacrosse season at Riverhead: finish the year with a collegiate commitment.
- Riverhead Alum Erika Moncada finished first in her weight class at the Connecticut Open Weightlifting Competition, qualifying for the American Open in December.
- RHS graduate and Blue Waves football star Malcolm Cater has had five NFL scouts show up at the University of Charleston asking for him even before camp started.
- The falsies are here! Plus: Cod, bass, blues and fluke are all out in numbers, just beginning to prepare for fall migrations.
- Fish are starting to hear the dinner bell on the North Fork. Reports of absolute savage bluefish and striped bass fishing come in. Bottom-fishing remains hot.
- Simple and delicious breakfast for two: egg baked in avocado recipe.
- Ten things you never ever heard Jim Anderson say to his children in 1950s Norman Rockwell America — guaranteed.
- Despite little time to train and no running stroller to use, Eileen Benthal was determined to complete the 5K race with her special-needs teenage daughter.
- Fresh-baked muffins are a great way to make use of over-ripened fruit — and make your whole house smell heavenly too.
- I’ve been working for more than 25 years to protect water quality and preserve open space. I’ve rarely experienced the kind and degree of personal attack as I have seen in connection with the application for expansion of the Kent Animal Shelter into the protected Core Preservation Area of the Pine Barrens. It has been ...
- Op-ed by George Goode: Richard Amper’s hyperbole about the Kent Animal Shelter is the kind of spectacle that’s made people lose respect for our political system, where a special interest group can tie our government in knots. Here’s why he’s wrong, point by point.
- A new optometry practice in Riverhead is introducing comprehensive vision therapy to the East End for the first time, providing non-surgical alternatives for many common eye problems like lazy eye, ...
- Watch along with Michele as she guides you through a workout set to song that you can do in your own home.
Public Meetings Calendar